The Greater Cleveland Funders Collaborative (GCFC) is hosting a free, virtual State and Federal Budget Funding Training for nonprofit partners on Tuesday, January 23 from 3:00–4:30 pm. To register for the training, please visit Meeting Registration – Zoom.
The training will provide an overview of annual and biennial government funding opportunities available to nonprofit organizations including Ohio’s operating budget, Ohio’s capital budget, and Federal Congressionally Directed Spending requests (also known as earmarks). Attendees will learn:
- When these funding opportunities become available;
- Eligibility guidelines, funding limits, and duration of funding;
- How to apply for these opportunities;
- Required application materials;
- How to position your organization to apply for funds; and
- Strategies to engage your legislators.
The presenters for this training include two experts from Byers, Minton, and Associates, a government affairs consulting firm that represents GCFC in its state policy advocacy agenda: Greg Bennett, partner, who has experience with both the state legislature and non-profit sector; and Levi Gross, director of government affairs, who served as the senior legislative aide for the Ohio House Majority Floor Leader, Rep. Bill Seitz.
We hope you will join us for this important training and conversation.